Implement departmental strategies for optimizing wastewater treatment, implementing beneficial reuse of all treated wastewaters and provide advice and guidance to EPC Department as needed. This will be undertaken through field visits, on-site inspections, research for BAT and preparing scientific technical reports.
Major Activities Performed
• Support environmental activities by conducting inspections, preparing/reviewing reports and check industry environment compliance with the RC requirements and determine extent of deviation from the RC regulations and standards.
• Provides necessary advice and guidance to the meet the RC goals and objectives and keep EPCD current concerning international regulatory standards, particularly in the field of wastewater treatment and water reuse.
• Review and evaluate the environmental permit application packages and technical reports submitted by existing and new industries.
• Performs periodic inspections on facilities and areas to ensure environmental compliance.
• Evaluates self-monitoring reports and other technical reports submitted by industries and coordinates with other sections regarding violations.
• Review and evaluate submitted data from investors.
• Check environmental Impact Assessments studies submitted by new industrial investors and existing Industries seeking a renewal of their Environmental Permit to Operate.
• Participates in periodic revision of RC Environmental regulations and standards and implement the same in line with Kingdom’s laws, international regulations and standards and best practices.
• Monitors the Royal Commissions (RC) Environmental regulations and standards in line with the government’s environmental standards and best practices.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Other Relevant Sciences/Engineering Degree.
• No less than 10 years of relevant experience in the field of environmental management with primary experience within the heavy industries, industrial wastewater and water reuse sector is required.
• Experience managing other team members workload, ideally as a supervisor or team leader, is essential.
• Knowledge of water treatment and control procedures for different environmental hazards.
• Knowledge of quality, Health, safety and Environmental (OHSE) regulations and procedures.
• Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment regulations followed in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with experience of the environmental regulatory process within the heavy industries, industrial wastewater and industries waste sectors preferably with the Royal Commission of Yanbu & Jubail in Saudi Arabian or similar.
Key Technical skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Relevant computer proficiency, experience in using Microsoft Office tools and /or any relevant software.
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.