Ensure timely and accurate design work on sites by coordinating, monitoring and managing design / supervision consultants through the discipline design team; Liaise with client to ensure complete satisfaction on design related aspects of the project on site.
• Develop Technical scope for projects based on stakeholders’ requirements.
• Develop scope of work in order to procure designers.
• Manage the technical delivery of the appointed designers on the project, per construction.
• Oversee the designer’s tender technical deliverables.
• Actively participate in Design/Supervision Consultant(s) selection and contracting.
• Monitor work of Discipline Design Engineers and Design Consultants to ensure design correctness and completeness as well as scope compliance.
• Evaluate and endorse the variation orders/concession requests submitted by the Design Consultant(s) for management’s approval.
• Review and comment on all drawings and documents submitted by Design Consultant(s) and ensure the incorporation of all revisions on all documents.
• Coordinate with home office for technical support required to ensure the correctness and completeness of design aspects.
• Facilitate meetings with Design Consultant(s), Sub-consultants and stakeholders to review design document and take decisions as required.
• Propose alternative materials/systems to improve the design operation and construction cost through value engineering workshops.
• Review consultant / contractor work progress for contract payments.
• Manage multidiscipline technical team.
• Manage and control team to ensure appropriately monitoring of the work of Design Consultants and of Contractors in construction stage.
• Conduct skills development and awareness workshops for team as needed.
• Ensure compliance with HSE and other policies by team members.
• Coordinate with Program Manager Design to ensure knowledge of policy, procedures and tools for managing site design work.
• Ensure compliance to QPM processes for design consultants work review, deviation monitoring and analysis and remedial actions.
• Ensure timely and accurate documentation, filing of design documents and reporting to appropriate stakeholders.
• Coordinate closely with Project Manager and Site engineers to get all site design work reviewed and approved.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data for day to day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information in the organization on a real time basis.
• Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality.
• Maintain client liaison throughout the project to ensure client satisfaction with design work progress.
• Advise client on design issues and remedial actions in case of deviations.
15+ years relevant industry experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (Other engineering/construction related fields can be considered)
Mandatory to hold MME registration
Experience gained from working within a consultancy firm is preferred.
This role will suit a person who has experience in building projects requiring high calibre of finishes.
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.