Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
The Submarine Adventure attraction within the LEGOLAND Dubai theme park is a unique world class aquarium attraction. Guests experience a 750,000 liter main display onboard a constantly moving Submarine with panoramic underwater viewing windows of the aquatic life. Accompanying audio and visuals deliver an educational and entertaining message in a unique LEGOLAND style. In addition to the main display, the “Discovery area” is home to satellite displays including “touch pools” staffed and manned by the Aquarist team and supported by Operations. An aquarist will ensure daily Exhibit Maintenance, Presentation and Husbandries.
– Most work hours are spent in the aquarium during operating hours maintaining exhibits and caring for the creatures therein. This involves regular dives into the main tank with sharks, rays and other aquatic animals.
– Weekends, Public Holidays and Evening / Late Shifts are all a MUST and will be scheduled accordingly
– Product: To meet high standards of displays presentation throughout all public and behind scenes areas of displays, whilst operating within available budgets. To work alongside the Attractions team operating the Submarine Adventure ride to ensure the best possible customer experience to all of our guests
– Husbandry: To achieve targeted high standards of animal husbandry as specified in company protocols as set by the Merlin Animal Welfare and Development (MAWD) team.
– Livestock: To check and record levels of livestock and key species are all maintained.
– Development: To share and follow the strategic planning and implementation of the displays development plan.
– Team: To set good example of communication and integration with all Team, Internal & External Colleagues.
– Site based responsibility. Global influence in specialism.
– As directed, management of accurate and agreed operational budgets.
– Ensure all Displays records are filled out competently and comply with SOPs and Licenses.
– Ensure the supply of healthy animals to features and key exhibits to allow opening on time.
– To deliver a regimented feeding regime dictated by the Displays Curator, specific for all creatures, following strict SOP’s
– Responsibilities for the delivery of husbandry, monitoring and maintaining LSS operations
– As a member of the Displays team, 24 hr LSS alarms & callout duties may be required on a scheduled basis
– Follow onsite Health and Safety and complying with the same.
– Provide best practice throughout
– Deliver innovation, creatures, concepts and systems through trials, research and working with the displays team and Park Operations Manager to generate ideas.
– Manage the creation/installation of new features that are key to creating compelling reasons to experience the attraction and the updating of current displays under the direction
– As directed, working within the guidelines for Animal Health, Animal Husbandry, Displays Creation and Maintenance and LSS operation and maintenance.
DECISION MAKING & AUTONOMY
– Work within the management / departmental / site guidelines, ensuring that on a daily and weekly basis the displays are maintained and developed to high standards
– Work within ethical and operation policies of SEALIFE!
– Implement the strategic priorities for the facilities over the short to medium term.
– Understand and comply with the statutory and company regulations regarding health and safety at work and COSHH in conjunction with the site Health and Safety coordinator.
– Ensure the effective management and development of the direct reports, meeting their development requirements and ensure effective succession planning is in place.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
– As gained through significant experience working in the aquarium industry.
– A good understanding and working knowledge of LSS.
– A thorough knowledge of the Water Environment, which will allow the identification and resolution of problems with the environment for the animals.
– A practical ability to create ‘wow’ displays with a working knowledge of the correct use of, Theming, Lighting, and Water Movement to deliver this.
– A thorough understanding of animal husbandry, behavior and acquisition.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland – a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014