Tax & Legal Services – Tax – Accounting & Payroll – Data Analyst (Healthcare) – Doha
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Tax Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients. You’ll advise clients while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis.
Our team provides our clients advice based on their niche and business need.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
You’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Should have minimum experience of 10 years, and are experts in setting KPIs, drawing strategy maps, data analysis, risk evaluation and management, dash boards productions, health intelligence, performance measures, and monitoring and evaluation.
The incumbent performs administrative and management support activities for all staff at the Department. The Data Analyst is responsible for the data management of Healthcare Services Performance Agreement (HSPA). Reporting to the Head of Assessment & Performance Section, the job holder is responsible for conducting basic analysis using statistical and analytical methods to compile the healthcare sector’s data to support and prepare trend analysis, as well as preparing materials and information to be included in presentations to senior level administrators. This includes developing, logging, recording, modifying and maintaining computer programs to effect automation of the Department’s tasks and management of large databases, and management and analysis of data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for collection of data and preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly information reports.
• Analyze information to highlight and explain key issues, trends and anomalies to management.
• Discuss information or business intelligence needs with internal staff and/or external clients.
• Collect and collate appropriate data for use in databases and conduct related research.
• Generate reports using IT (Information Technology) / database systems and assist in their analysis.
• Write reports and commentary to summaries and explain numerical reports with clear, meaningful and logical presentation of findings.
• Works with large datasets and reconciliation of differences between system and parties.
• Deals with internal and external queries and requests.
• Monitor and maintain the quality of database systems and secure access and use.
• Assist in development and upgrading of database systems and analytical techniques.
• Distributes periodic reports and assists with other clerical functions as required.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Oversee the review and assessment of quality of Data collection and reporting process within the healthcare care facilities in relation to HSPA
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a demonstrated capacity to solve problems.
• Ability to use MS office and other software to create correspondence, reports, charts and graphs
• Adapt to a changing work environment and schedule; Interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Exercising good time-management skills and reports to work as scheduled;
• Interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with wide range constituencies in a diverse community.
• Good judgment and exercise sound decision-making skills, and maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to work under pressure.
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they’re looking for.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.