One of the leading real estate and development companies operating in Saudi Arabia today, Abdul Latif Jameel Real Estate Investment Co. Ltd (ALJREIC) is a sister company to Abdul Latif Jameel Group (ALJ), which was established in 1955.
Proudly owned 100% by Saudi shareholders, the company’s aims are many and varied, with a core focus on developing hotels to accommodate the “religious” segment of the hospitality sector, focusing on Hajj and Umrah visitors and working closely with tour operators targeting visitors (primarily) from Indonesia, Turkey, Iran, Malaysia, Egypt and South Africa. Always looking forwards, ALJREIC continues to reflect an ethos of growth and progress, with the best interests of local communities shaping all we do.
10,000 to 15,000
per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Liaising with other lead designer including Architect, MEP to agree on safe & economical structural scheme.
• Preparing tender drawing & structural GFC. (Applicable for in house designed jobs)
• Responsible for review & checking of structural design base report submitted by structural consultant which contain brief description of building, Load assumptions acting on different part of the building, Specification of construction material, Criteria to meet durability, Fire rating, & Serviceability requirement, Relevant design codes used for design, Various parameters for calculating wind load & seismic load etc.
• Preparing detail design calculations & creating 3D analysis model in structural design software to study the response of building in terms of stress & displacement when subjected to various load expected during the service life of the building. (Applicable for in house designed jobs)
• Study & review Geotechnical report to investigate ground conditions & analyse soil & water samples & in situ test.
• Providing design sketches & other related details to the structural detailer to proceed with structural drawings. (Applicable for in house design jobs)
• Responsible for review & checking all related design drawings & shop drawings prepared by the contractor.
• Responsible for review & checking of structural calculations & design amendment submitted by the consultants & contractors.
• Response to construction related RFI (request for information) raised by contractor & site team. (Applicable for inhouse designed jobs)
• Conduct job inspections that includes checking the layout of reinforcement & structural steel as per the approved shop drawings on regular basis & at different critical stages of construction.
• Responsible of review & checking of formwork & other construction related calculations submitted by the contractor.
• Responsible of review & checking of structural drawings submitted by consultant.
• Examining structure at risk of collapse & advising on how to improve structural integrity by appropriate repair & retrofitting work.
• Attending site coordination meeting on regular basis to understand various construction related issues & advising practical solutions feasible to execute at site.
• Handling team of junior structural engineers, CAD technician effectively to ensure successful completion of assigned job on time.
• Coordination with BIM manager to detect & resolve structural clash with MEP services.
• Perform value engineering of the design submitted by structural consultant.
• Prepare concept design drawing & calculation which act as bases to the structural consultant for their better understanding & working.
Qualifications and Technical Skills
• B.E (Civil); M.E. or MTech Preferably
• 10-12 years of experience
Salary between SAR 10,000 – 15,000, based on experience, plus benefits
Yousef Abdul Latif Jameel Group is a collection of firms that focuses primarily on real estate development and agriculture. Its real estate portfolio includes several lands in the Jeddah / Makkah region which include hospitality and commercial real estate. Its agricultural business currently cultivates more than 280,000 date palms using sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. Forward thinking, social and environmental consciousness are the fundamental principles uniting the YALJ group.