We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Structural Engineer to join our award-winning team based in Porto, Portugal . This position is responsible for assuming a leadership role in the preparation of structural designs on projects assigned by the Director – Structural Engineering. The role will oversee overall scheduling, planning, developing design and specifications and other required documents related to structural design as well as mentoring junior engineers.
We envisage success in this role to include;
– Demonstrated ability to create concepts and develop preliminary designs.
– Carry out structural design (without supervision) of various types of buildings / civil structures using variety of materials to British (Euro) and / or American Standards.
– Oversee on a day-today basis the coordination of the design with other disciplines.
– Provide design review of all work performed by the project team members.
– Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of own work and the work of the design team. Oversee the checking of BIM work done under supervision by engineering staff.
– Ensure arithmetic design checks of other engineers’ designs are done at completion of design.
– Assist the design team in site backup on technical / design issues when required.
– Monitor document control procedures for calculations and drawings.
– Ensure that the works are completed within the established program guidelines.
– Assist the Principal Engineer / Technical Manager with other delegated duties such as writing technical memos, identifying training needs and organizing them as and when required.
– Ability to view / review models in REVIT software including coordination with other disciplines.
– To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include a minimum of 12 years’ work experience partnered with a Bachelor of Science – Structural or Civil Engineering.
– Demonstrated competency is required in at least three of the following structural design packages such as ETABS, SAFE, SAP, STAAD PRO & PROKON.
– Demonstrated experience is required in concept and preliminary designs for most types of buildings in using conventional, pre-cast, post-tensioned concrete, structural steel, timber and masonry.
– Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate international project experience, with Middle East project experience preferred.
– English communication skills will be required at a professional level.
KEO’s performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its’ contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of design or project delivery in the built and natural environments.
For over 50 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities. As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 200 International Design Firms; a Top 20 International PM firm; the 48th largest global architecture firm and 4th MEP Design Consultant for the Middle East.
We draw expertise from over 60 nations with over 2,000 multidisciplinary professionals bringing industry leading experience from every major market of the globe and take pride in offering long term and dynamic career opportunities.
We invite you to join us.