We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Structural Engineer to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar . This position is responsible for overall scheduling, planning, developing design and specifications and other required documents related to structural design as well as mentoring junior engineers.
We envisage success in this role to include;
– Carry out structural design without supervision on various building types.
– Provide technical support on any technical / design issues as they arise including construction supervision back-up.
– Provide design review of all work performed by team members including Contractor’s submittals.
– Oversee and provide coordination support with other disciplines.
– Responsible for correctness and accuracy of own work and the work of his/hers design teams.
– Ensure works are completed within program.
– Responsible for Client, Contractor, Sub-Consultants fronting during technical meetings.
– Responsible for preparation of technical and fee proposals when required.
– Assist Director Structural Engineering and Director Architecture & Engineering with any other delegated duties.
– Have a strong understanding of building structures, their stability and load transfer systems and be able to analyze them according to complexity.
– Should be able independently to initiate viable concept and preliminary designs for various types of buildings using conventional, post-tensioned, pre-cast concrete, structural steel, timber, and masonry.
– Problem solving and analytical skills.
– Demonstrated communication, organizational, time management and business writing skills.
– Ability to manage design teams across a variety of small to medium size projects or single team on large scale project.
– Capability in development of engineering technical and fee proposals, method statements, scope of works, deliverables.
– Demonstrable ability to work within budget and manage change control to ensure additional work is paid for.
– Self-motivated and team player / track record of team management.
– To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include a minimum of 12 years’ post graduation work experience partnered with a Bachelor degree in Structural or Civil Engineering.
– Working knowledge in the use of at least 3 of the following structural design packages – ETABS, SAFE, SAP, STAAD or PROKON.
– Working knowledge of MS Office products-Excel, Word, Power Point.
– Knowledge of REVIT Structure.
– Member of a recognized Association / Institution of Engineers and Grade A local design license.
– Working knowledge in the use of British and American Design codes
KEO’s performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its’ contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of design or project delivery in the built and natural environments.
For over 50 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities. As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 200 International Design Firms; a Top 20 International PM firm; the 48th largest global architecture firm and 4th MEP Design Consultant for the Middle East.
We draw expertise from over 60 nations with over 2,000 multidisciplinary professionals bringing industry leading experience from every major market of the globe and take pride in offering long term and dynamic career opportunities.
We invite you to join us.