Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo – Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Reporting to the Shift Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Ensure Master card/Key/mobile/vacuum machine/Ladder sign in-out.
– Guest room PPM and the Daily PPM rooms to check and carry out the job.
– Guest room/Apartment request attending.
– RSM request attending.
– Make sure plant room reading taken as per the timing.
– Check the PPM check list and carry out the PPM as per schedule.
– PPE to use while working.
– Carpentry workshop to be maintain clean and tidy all the time.
– Routine rounds for the outlets check for the chair coaster and carpentry works.
– Guest Rooms/Apartments and public area carpentry works to be carried out.
– Carpentry project work to be carried out.
– Public area washroom carpentry side to check and rectify for any defects.
– Carpentry materials to check and update Shift supervisor to order.
– Responding immediately for any emergency request for fire alarm, water flooding, gas alarm etc.
– Report any hazard during work.
– Report any abuse of equipment/energy.
– Daily job card to be updated and handed over to supervisor.
– Daily Pending works to be followed up without fail.
– Ensure Side Kick PPM completed as per the schedule plan.
– Must be flexible in terms of working hours.
– A self-starter, take initiative, can make decisions in fast-paced, changing environment.
– Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
– Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
– Enthusiastic and dependable.
– Active listening.
– Customer service.
– Interpersonal skills.
– Good communications skills.
– Frequent standing and walking throughout the shift are expected, as well as occasional kneeling; pushing; pulling; ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps; occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
– Minimum of 2 -3 years experience with at least 1 year experience in a similar capacity in an luxury hotel
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality.
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels’ more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.