The Port Compliance and Regulations Officer will be responsible for providing the required support to the JCPDI Port and the best consultancy services to ensure full compliance with the flag regulations in relation to the port’s certifications, licenses and statutory documentation. They will work with the Maritime Affairs Division and will liaise with International Port entities to finalize legal requirements, permissions and certificates.
Major Duties Performed
• Responsible for obtaining and maintaining an up-to-date list of the required JCPDI Port’s certificates, licenses, endorsements, C Guard, and statutory documentation for the JCPDI Port Authority near MOI, MOT, Mawani, TGA, and other related national entities delegated to issue licenses in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• Manage licensing, endorsement and statutory documentation for the JCPDI Port Authority near IMO and its conventions, OCIFM, ISPS, and other endorsing international entities.
• Assist in the development of the JCPDI Port SMS of Norms, Regulations and Bylaws by providing advice to the Maritime Affairs Department.
• Perform and execute the processes for Registrations, Marine inspections, PSC, transportation services and all its setup as startup and full implementation as per the road map.
• Maintain up to date JCPDI log register including certificates, licenses and other required documentation.
• Provide the required reports on the JCPDI Port legal issues and compliance, and properly reasoned reports, documents, instructions and other related procedures.
Qualifications and Experiences
• Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Maritime, port qualification as Engineer or any other relating field, Maritime Officer or Marine Engineer with (10) years of experience in any port in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• Good knowledge of Ports policies, procedures and regulations.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to interface with the staff at all levels.
• Basic knowledge of local and international marine laws with respect to ownership, flagging, IMO requirement and conventions and classification requirement.
• Good English language skills including reading, writing and speaking.
• Computer literate with experience using MS Office packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Power Point Presentation).
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.