We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose, we take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Lead Quantity Surveyor, to join our award-winning team based in Kuwait.
This critical role will be responsible for providing key technical expertise and input at different stages of multiple projects to ensure the highest technical quality of delivery within specific discipline.
Paramount to success within this varied role will include;
– Representing the Firm in its dealings with relevant parties, from pre to post contract award throughout the entire course of the construction activities for medium to large-sized projects.
– Communicating with the Manager CQS and project senior cost controllers regarding the project’s status and progress as well as managing the projects in accordance with established KEO Project Management Policy and Procedures Manual.
– Responsible for the review and approval of interim payments, project variations and other financial matters.
– Maintaining communication with the project managers, directors, contractor and client’s site representatives on all project related issues.
– Overseeing the financial and contractual aspects of the project and ensuring the terms of the contract are followed and manages supplemental agreements.
– Providing support to senior management on all financial and contractual matters throughout the project lifecycle.
– Convening and chairing commercial meetings as well as preparing and distributing the meeting minutes.
– Ensuring cost controls and financial control procedures are implemented within the team as outlined in the construction contracts.
– Partners with clients to exceed their expectations and build client relations.
– Leading in the evaluation and preparation of variation orders and claims for changes from the contractor.
– Negotiating and drawing up settlements of variations and contractor’s claims for changes
– Identifying and addressing performance issues with the Manager CQS.
– Ensuring all cost and quantity records are streamlined and kept in order by the QS’s.
– Preparing progress valuations in respect of interim monthly and final payments to contractors.
– Assessing, measuring, advising and recommending on cost impact of design changes.
– Assisting in the reviews, assessments and reports upon contractor’s claims including review of time extensions, delays and penalties.
– Preparing Change/Variation Orders and reports upon cost impacts of such orders on the construction budget.
– Preparing draft contractual correspondence and certificates for issue to the client and contractor.
– Preparing project cost and cash flow reports.
– Participating in cost and contractual review meetings.
– Providing input to consolidated Monthly Report submitted to the client.
– Providing general commercial/contractual support to the project teams.
– Ensuring completeness and validity of all contractual requirements.
– To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envisage that you will bring a minimum of 10 – 15 years’ career experience working in a consultancy with a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying from a globally recognised university and chartered status, MRICS or equivalent.
– Excellent and effective presentations skills at all levels.
– Ability to implement commercial/contractual matters within a multi-disciplinary team.
– Ability to analyze project variations and changes, prepare project reports, analyze information for adjustments to project budget as necessary to assure a successful project for the Client and the firm.
– Delivery of budgets and pre-contract tender documents.
– Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
– Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
– Ability to analyze and interpret contract conditions.
– Ability to understand, identify and assess project risks.
– Knowledge of Standard Method of Measurement of construction works.
– Advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles, with the ability to calculate intermediate figures and advanced financial analysis.
– Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project and Revit .
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
KEO’s performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its’ contribution to client success wherever we work. We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of design or project delivery in the built and natural environments.
For over 50 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities. As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 200 International Design Firms; a Top 20 International PM firm; the 48th largest global architecture firm and 4th MEP Design Consultant for the Middle East.
We draw expertise from over 60 nations with over 2,000 multidisciplinary professionals bringing industry leading experience from every major market of the globe and take pride in offering long term and dynamic career opportunities.
We invite you to join us.