When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You’ll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Our region encompasses diverse tax laws and is part of what makes a career in tax with Deloitte & Touche Middle East a truly stimulating experience. With many corporations operating across several borders, your knowledge of tax will be key to making sure our clients stay on the right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs. Your people skills will also be engaged as you form a close working relationship with clients, while your technical knowledge will be stretched as you develop expertise across the board in consulting, business, finance and law to craft commercially sound solutions. As you gain experience, you will do so with the full support of a firm that believes in helping you grow and providing you with the skills to succeed.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact
• Outstanding value to markets and clients
• Commitment to each other
• Strength from cultural diversity
During your tenure as an Assistant Manager in Indirect Tax, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas
• Applies knowledge and skills of relevant practices and processes (or relevant tax rules and regulations) in area of specialization to client problems
• Presents findings and recommends and implements advice independently relevant to tax and consults others as needed
• Reviews written technical advice, reports, memoranda and/or other deliverables relevant to tax laws and rules for adequacy of research conducted and appropriateness and accuracy of conclusions
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client
• Selects appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data, and develops informed recommendations
• Interprets and synthesizes data, exercises professional skepticism to challenge data, and identifies meaningful insights to develop recommendations that most effectively support a client’s business objectives
• Articulates how technology enables the business and communicates this effectively to clients while ensuring appropriate technologies and methodologies are used on projects
• Applies, and monitors tax returns and refunds, their implications, opportunities, and optimization)
• Collaborates with the departments of authorities, familiarizing him/herself with local tax organizational structure, responsibilities, rights and obligations of both taxpayers and tax authorities
• Understands the basic principles and structure of legislation and related concentration, development in law, published tax authority positions, and court cases
• Assesses the impact of changes in laws by applying knowledge of trade flows and processes including imports, exports and supply chain security programs
• Applies technical knowledge in designing, implementing, and testing automated solutions by liaising with technology specialists with a view to improving and/or developing offerings
• Recognizes current VAT/GST/CGT laws and jurisprudence and their impact on clients
• Develops standard VAT/GST/CGT products/services within the VAT/GST/CGT practice by using resources in one’s local firm
• Identifies products/services delivered at local and global VAT/GST/CGT level and key industries for the global VAT/GST/CGT practice
• Identifies opportunities to integrate VAT/GST/CGT and industry service offerings
• 5 – 7 years of general tax experience, preferably with at least a year focused on taxation.
• Experience with a Big 4 firm, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company is required.
• Consulting and compliance experience is needed.
• Experience with inbound and outbound international tax is preferred.
• Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications skills required.
• Good knowledge of tax and business laws and regulations
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
• Advanced degree such as MST, JD or LLM preferred. CPA preferred.
• Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in Arabic is a plus.
Deloitte is the world’s largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity