IFS – Risk & Quality – Quality & Operations Support – Associate – Jordan
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Risk & Quality (R&Q)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You’ll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC’s regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Risk and Quality team identifies and assists internal teams to mitigate and control client engagement risks. As part of the team, you’ll provide advice to business teams within PwC on sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with PwC policies, principles and standards.
The Quality & Operations Support – Associate is part of the Quality & Operations team and operates across all lines of service.
The primary focus of this role is to support the performance of Engagement Compliance Reviews which the Quality & Operations team carries out every year for the Advisory line of service. The Advisory Engagement Compliance Review (“ECR”) programme is an annual programme designed to test compliance with Network Risk Management Policies (“NRMP”) related to the performance of engagements. ECRs are desktop reviews of engagement files aimed at ensuring that each Engagement Leader adheres to the 8 Global Risk & Quality standards.
The Associate will also be expected to support other quality, reporting and transformation initiatives undertaken by the Quality & Operations team throughout the year. Priorities for FY21 include the implementation of a new document management system, the redesign of the Chief Risk Officer Dashboard and the development of KPIs to monitor the R&Q strategy implementation.
The objective of the Quality & Operations Team is to continually design, implement, provide ongoing support and management of ways in which the Firm can better, more proactively, manage delivery risk. Increasing the quality of our delivery through bringing a distinctive level of quality experience to our Clients, the Firm and our People. This typically involves process improvement initiatives, digital transformation and training delivery across the different LoS in the ME firm.
In addition the team is responsible for the day to day and strategic operations of the wider Risk & Quality function, including budgeting, people matters, planning, team working and projects.
Engagement Compliance Reviews (ECRs) – Reviewer
– Carry out reviews in line with provided guidance and standards
– Identify gaps in information available and complete assessment checklist
– Support the ECRs Lead with tracking and reporting on status and progress of reviews
– Interact with client-facing teams or ECR facilitators to obtain clarifications and/or additional documentation as part of the review process and resolve gaps/queries
– Provide feedback and support with identifying areas for improvement in the current ECR process, particularly digital enhancements
– Support the reporting to various audiences as required, including the preparation of dashboards and reports
– Support the preparation or updating of guidance, training materials and broader communications on ECRs for internal and line of service staff.
Implementation of new document management system – Support
– Part of the implementation team supporting the Project Lead with the preparation, rollout and implementation of a new information and document management system for client engagement records in all lines of service
– Carry out the preparatory work including clean-up of existing records
– Run a small-scale PMO to help manage and coordinate all activities across the different lines of service related to the decommissioning of the current system and implementation of the new system
– Participate in user acceptance testing
– Support in the preparation of training materials and communications as part of the rollout.
Other digital transformation initiatives – Support
– Support the Project Lead in transforming the Engagement Quality Review (EQR) process including the automation of certain processes and integration with other systems. The Quality & Operations team carries out EQRs on a regular basis throughout the year for the Advisory LoS to assess the quality of service delivery
– Set up and manage a small-scale PMO to firstly identify, and then coordinate and monitor, all digital transformation and/or digital improvement initiatives being planned or undertaken across the whole R&Q team
– Support the Quality & Operations team in other initiatives planned for FY21 and going forward, including the revamping of the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) dashboard and the development of KPIs for the R&Q strategy monitoring amongst others.
Internal Process – Quality & Operations
– Be involved in various R&Q activities and new initiatives
– Identify areas of potential improvements in various R&Q policies and processes
– Participate in various ad hoc projects assigned by the CRO
– Adhere to the Quality & Operations budget
Learning & Growth
– Adhere to policies and procedures
– Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
– A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or relevant and practical experience.
– Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic is advantageous
– 1.5+ years of relevant experience
– Experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier Big 4 firm preferred
– Risk compliance or broader risk management experience
– Use of data analytics and data visualisation tools such as Power BI
Knowledge and Skills
– Strong analytical skills
– Problem solving skills
– Risk averse/risk management skills
– Process oriented
– Organization skills
– Thoroughness and eye for detail
– Time management skills and proactivity
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Ethical conduct
– A conscientious, ambitious team player, with good self-management skills and an ability to take initiative.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they’re looking for.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.