Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS – Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You’ll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm’s people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Our Human Resources teams support initiatives and programmes including, customer support, business operations, data and analytics, technology systems, recruitment services and on-boarding, workforce mobility, contingent workforce, and people and programmes support.
A Payroll Associate is responsible for processing payroll, remitting payroll taxes and government reporting as well as preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll transactions. You will ensure compliance with government regulations in each country, validate and process all implemented policies and manage the payroll impact.
The role will include the following duties and responsibilities:
– Ensuring all payroll transactions are processed efficiently and accurately
– Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information
– Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and non-taxable wages and reporting on this
– Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee monthly income, social security taxes, employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments or invoices through the payroll system
– Resolving payroll discrepancies and issues
– Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures
– Regular filing and archiving of payroll information and legal documentation on a monthly basis
– Generate ad-hoc reporting for all the financial and operational reporting as needed
– Processing new employee’s contracts and terminations (from a payroll perspective)
– Answering general payroll enquiries
– Work closely with the Finance Team and Local HC Team
– Any additional tasks or responsibilities within day to day payroll operations
To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
– 1 – 2 years of payroll experience within a multinational company
– University educated
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they’re looking for.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.