– Critical Control Points System
– Control system procedures
– Evaluation of corrective actions
– Staff medical records updating system
– Hand wash basins are available near each work area
– Gloves must be worn in cold kitchen / pastry / butchery and areas where raw food items are handles
– Staff wash their hands thoroughly and as often as necessary
– Excessive jeweler is not to be worn in the kitchen.
– Uniform to be changes at least on a daily basis.
– All infections on the hands of the employees are covered.
– Hair should always be clean and tidy and chefs to wear a headgear.
– Smoking is prohibited in the kitchen.
– To keep the changing rooms in a clean and tidy condition.
– To carry out training in hygiene food preparation practices.
– Critical control points.
– Food & Beverage and Engineering preventive maintenance list.
– Action plan rectification.
– Access to the kitchen is limited as far as possible to the kitchen employees.
– Area used to prepare raw food is separated from the cooked food.
– Waste containers are covered, kept clean and emptied regularly.
– Floor, ceiling, drainage, chillers, dishwashing machine and kitchen equipment must be kept in good working condition.
Delivery and Storage:
– Tracking system for control of supplier operating licenses.
– Daily checklist by shift for chillers temperature control.
– Control of dry store food rotation.
– Specification / quality / delivery records for perishable food items.
– Items to be removed from delivery packaging and transferred in washable containers.
– Sufficient and well-maintained refrigeration equipment functioning at correct temperatures.
– Daily spot check on storage conditions and holding temperatures.
– Food stock rotation practices are adhered to.
Preparation and Storage:
– Cooking control points
– Storage control points
– Serving control points
– Segregation of all raw and cooked food procedures are strictly observed.
– To carry out sanitizing / disinfection procedures.
– Temperature and time controls are in place to ensure that all cooking is thorough and properly carried out.
– To ensure rapid chilling after cooking
– To ensure appropriate holding for at hot temperatures until serving.
– Food not consumed must be disposed of immediately.
– Regular tour of the house with the Executive Chef / Chief Steward and the Duty Engineer.
– Weekly hygiene committee to review minutes and outstanding issues.
– Dishwashing control points.
– Sanitation / Disinfection of all critical surfaces and utensils.
– Correct concentration for chemical products.
– Application of correct chemical for correct use.
– Items protected from contamination after disinfection.
– Suitable methods are used to make sure that cleaning is effective.
– To check the temperature of wash and rinse.
– All equipment used for cleaning is to be hygienically General Responsibilities stored.
– Cleaning products are to be safely stored away from food.
– Cleaning products are to be properly labelled and identified.
– Involvement in Food Safety training for food handlers.
– Evaluation of efficiency of training from chemical suppliers
– Participation of all staff to the Food Safety training.
– Full respect for Food Handling best practices
Document & Control:
– Weekly checklist for Food Preparation / Storekeeper / Cost Control / Stewarding / Food Production.
– Monthly Food Safety Training report.
– Monthly Food Lab Test report.
– Chemical Supplier Group Audit report.
– Top management is fully aware of high-risk areas for food-borne illness.
– Recommendation for further improvement.
– High confidentiality for internal results.
– Full integrity in carrying out the audits
7,000 to 10,000
per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
– Complete responsibility for the highest level of sanitation and hygiene standards in the hotel.
– To ensure all food served to guests and employees are free from microbiological and physical contamination, and all work areas confirm to minimum requirements set by the local health authorities
ADNH Compass operates in the Middle East as a partnership between Abu Dhabi National Hotels and Compass Group PLC.
Compass Group is the world’s leading provider of food and support services, renowned for our great people, great service and great results. We are a FTSE top 30 company operating in over 50 countries, we employ over 500,000 people and serve over 4 billion meals a year. Compass Group is a truly global organisation generating revenues in excess of £17 billion last year.