Job Description Summary
Control technicians work with the controls behind electronic equipment. They monitor and assess control systems and carry out repairs under intense pressure to ensure there is no halt in a production equipment. The duties laid out below is intended to provide the necessary skills to be a technical Electronic Control Technician or to be a control lead in the shop in the future
– Diagnosing of Electronic, controls and Electrical problems of the production equipment and repair accordingly.
– Able to understand SCADA, PLC systems to diagnosis of the problems of various critical equipment’s such as CNC, Robots and digital circuits
– Able to diagnosis of PCB problems and fix the problems of the PCB
– Maintaining and Diagnosis the vacuum furnaces, Coating cells, Laser CNC machines, and Balancing machines
– Able to check the PLC and SCADA problems with appropriate software and able diagnosis online to fix the problems.
– Experience with Fanuc, Allen Bradley and other PLC systems
– Experience with Sub stations, and able diagnose the issues with Transformers and Switch gears.
– Understanding and executing the breakdown and preventive maintenance
– Document in detail the progress of incomplete repair to the following shift so as to minimize start up time of the personnel.
– Consultation, in conjunction with the appropriate Maintenance Co-coordinate, with outside vendors on unsolved repair problems. disciplines through self-study and/or formal education as applicable.
– Perform troubling shooting and repair of specialized equipment such as vacuum furnaces, coating cells and grid blasting
– Provide technical guidance and assistance as needed in the installation or rearrangement of production equipment.
– Perform LOTO Operations
– Perform scheduled preventative maintenance of all electrical and mechanical systems.
– Performed all duties as part of a team.
– Perform other related / assigned duties.
– Participate in Safety, Quality, and Productivity Continuous Improvement.
– Diploma in Electrical/Electronics and communication engineering.
– Minimum 7-10 years of maintenance experience in service centers/Shop floor with PLC, Robotic experience.
– Demonstrated knowledge in electronic control systems and digital electronics
– Demonstrated working knowledge in servicing and using programmable controls and computer numerical controls to troubleshoot machine problems.
– Demonstrated, able to study all kinds of drawings and able repair the equipment such as blasting, vacuum furnaces, CNC and coating cells.
– Programming of PLC and SCADA Systems
– Working Experience with maintenance SAP module
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.