The role as a Director/ Partner in Audit & Assurance, will focus on the management and delivery of FSI client engagements. In this role, he/she will develop high- performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service. During his/her tenure as a Director/ Partner in Audit & Assurance, he/she will demonstrate and develop his/her capabilities in the following areas:
• Ability to demonstrate thoughtful execution of audit procedures in accordance with the applicable professional auditing standards and internal requirements, in order to fulfill responsibility to stakeholders, investors, capital markets, and other users of the financial statements
• Tailor audit procedures based on deep understanding of the entity’s business to respond to risks, including risks due to fraud
• Ability to obtain a deep understanding of an entity’s business processes and flows of transactions to identify the relevant audit risks and related controls and perform audit procedures in accordance with relevant auditing standards
• Ability to conduct thorough review of working papers to ensure all necessary work has been appropriately documented and that all audit risks are effectively addressed. Capable of conducting a final review of the audit documentation prior to archiving for compliance with the DTTL standards and relevant local professional standards in order to ensure the required quality standards are met and that the file archive is completed on time
• Ability to leverage the Deloitte Audit platform and other approved innovative technology based solutions for use on audit engagements to transform the delivery of the audit engagement
• Ability to leverage and apply knowledge of applicable accounting and auditing standards relevant to the entity on audit engagements in order to identify and resolve routine accounting and audit issues and inform entity management on a timely basis of any unresolved complex issues, and where relevant report to those charged with governance
• Develop and execute a comprehensive audit project plan to optimize and innovate the timing and delivery of procedures throughout the audit cycle
• Mentor and coaches junior staff on an engagement to ensure they are capable of delivering on assigned tasks in accordance with the Deloitte Audit Approach and understands their role as leaders to provide junior staff with development opportunities to enhance their skills and experience
• Be responsible for the preparation of audit strategy and business plans, setting budgets and pricing, scheduling audits, selecting staff and assigning workloads, and financial reporting.
• Recognize and communicate opportunities to sell “add-on” work to client and contribute to a positive team attitude.
• Demonstrate ability to plan and manage engagements and people along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines.
• Develop and motivate all audit staff and provide them with counseling and career guidance.
• Research technical accounting issues and aid in the identification of business development.
• Manage client accounts including billing, fee analysis, recovery and new services development. Work with other managers to help ensure the proper deployment of the audit staff and assist with the career development of team members
• Review independence risks associated with potential assurance options. Put safeguards in place to address threats prior to acceptance and consults with the Ethics Partner where there is doubt about the acceptability of an engagement
• Leverage engagement team based learning to challenge how the audit plan will optimize audit execution, including use of project management resources, optimization of interim work, use of new innovation tools and resources including Centers of Excellence/Analytics and integration
• Modify the project plan to reflect changes in scope due to issues faced during the audit process with full understanding of the consequential impact on the extended engagement team
• Identify areas of the audit where the most significant judgements have been made and challenges whether documentation demonstrates the application of professional skepticism, without over-relying on prior audit knowledge or management’s representations, and fairly reflects the application of the concepts applied in reaching a conclusion
• To be considered for this position, he/she must demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
• The ideal candidate will be Egyptian and currently based in the Middle East with a minimum 10+ years of regional experience in auditing, audit management, budget, business plan, business strategy for manager and minimum 8+ years of experience for Senior Manager who wants to relocate to Cairo.
• Extensive knowledge of best practice reporting and International financial reporting standards. Able to ensure that the applicable accounting and auditing standards have been consistently applied and obtains appropriate evidence to support the assessment that the financial statements have been prepared in in accordance with the applicable financial reporting framework
• Ability to develop one’s own knowledge and the knowledge of others as it relates to Deloitte’s tools and audit methodology and the applicable professional accounting and auditing standards through both formal learning and on-the-job training
• Ability to thoroughly review audit documentation for completeness, accuracy and
• adequacy while ensuring timely archiving of work papers
• Experience in the financial services is a must.
• Strong communication, leadership and project management skills.
• Well-developed organization and time management skills, ability to take
• initiatives, meeting tight deadlines, and ability to prioritize between conflicting
• Fluent in English and Arabic (reading, speaking, and writing).
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.