Line of Service
Power and Utilities
Job Description & Summary
PwC has been providing professional services to energy companies for more than 100 years. Our global practice is comprised of more than 3,000 people who serve only energy, power and mining clients and receive extensive training to support this industry focus.
Our Middle East Energy Practice headquartered in Abu Dhabi provides a comprehensive portfolio of professional business advisory and consulting services, capabilities, and offerings addressing all segments and all functions in the value chain of a utility in the region.
– Senior Managers in Power, Water and Environment will lead end-to-end strategy and operations engagements focused on evaluating current state, identifying future state opportunities and creating holistic transformation business cases.
– Lead cross functional internal and client teams, across strategy and transformation initiatives, to develop and deliver end-to-end solutions.
– Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in the Power and Water Sector and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
– Write and present winning proposals to support our clients, operating in the wider area of Power, Water and Environment in the region, on strategy, operational/quality improvement and cost reduction.
– Supporting the development of new propositions to help our client standardise how processes, policies and procedures and implemented in the most efficient and effective manner.
– Communicating solutions and new strategies to clients through technical reports and presentations.
– Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate; and,
– Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
– Working to mentor and train other members of the business unit and the project team in order to foster a high performance team environment.
– Whilst working as part of the team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region.
– You will work collaboratively with other sector experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
– You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
– The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
– They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
– Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
– Years of Experience: 10 years of relevant industry experience within a leading utility or 6-8 years within a management consultancy, offering strategy and transformation services to the Power and Water sectors.
The candidate will have gained the following skills / knowledge:
– In-depth understanding of the Utility business, value chain and drivers
– Understanding of energy policies in the Middle East and globally
– Knowledge of the Demand and Supply dynamics of the Power and Water sector in the region.
– Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
– Strong interest and passion for developing strategy and business planning initiative for some of the biggest and best Power and Utilities firms in the Middle East.
– Proven IT skills in the following programmes: Microsoft suite of products and or Google Suite.
– Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English and Arabic is preferred.
– The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they’re looking for.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.