The Compensation & Benefits Officer manages the compensation and benefits for all employees, outsourced workers and consultants of the Company and subsidiaries by completing the monthly payroll, forecasting and bonus payments are appropriately managed. The Officer also maintains employee data and ensures it is up to date in order to ensure all benefits are administered accurately as per approved HR Policies.
• Completes the monthly salary payroll (including relevant benefits) for the Company and subsidiaries by compiling all required information and verifying documents legitimacy and approvals, working closely with Finance in accordance with the payroll procedure and guidelines to ensure payments are made on time and are error free prior to payroll processing.
• Reviews employee’s data such as grade, status and other personal details to ensure the employee receives the appropriate entitlements based on pre-determined eligibility criteria and HR Policies.
• Verifies and enters of all transactions related to the change in compensation and benefits’ arising from promotions and/or merit increases in accordance with approved guidelines and budgets as well as any required reimbursements relating to allowances and benefits.
• Validates time sheets for the (outsourced staff) and accordingly processes payroll in coordination with Finance after ratification by the HR Director.
• Reviews and processes education assistance applications, annual leave and air ticket applications for eligible dependent and employees final settlement packages including End of Service benefits in accordance with the Qatari Employment Laws and company policies.
• Maintains all updated employee information and other workforce related MIS on the employee database including recording new employees personal details, remuneration entitlements and eligibility, bank details, and pre-employment history in the HRMS.
• Enrolls employees in the medical and life insurance programs.
• Liaises with the HR team to update any relevant information and start specific HR processes such as bonus payment and salary increments or changes as approved by the HR Director.
• Prepares and administers agreements/contracts for employees, outsourced workers, consultants and secondees in accordance with HR policies.
• Prepares and issues employee letters upon request, to include salary certificates, etc.
• Completes purchase requisitions (PR) for outsourced workers and other requisitions relevant to HR operations in a timely manner so that they are reviewed and processed by Finance and Procurement as required.
• Provides support in completing the Year-End Appraisal – Performance Management by ensuring accurate employee data and final ratings and percentages are in accordance with the bonus rates guidelines.
• Prepares reports for the HR Director relevant to manpower planning and budgeting by liaising with the Head of HR Strategy in order to support management decision-making.
• Works closely with Legal Department to ensure that the HR procedures relevant to compensation and benefits, contracts and agreements are carried out in accordance to Qatari Employment Laws, and company policies.
• Provides advice and guidance to employees regarding issues related to compensation and benefits, leave management, expense claims and payroll.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting or other related discipline.
• Minimum Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience as a payroll officer, compensation officer or accountant.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
• Understanding of Qatar Labour Law, HR principles and life cycle and general understanding of the application of HR policies and procedures
• Experience of key HR payroll software packages (e.g. Oracle, AX, etc) / processing and matters related to cash flow and payroll including employee related concerns e.g. submission of statutory contributions, final and leave settlements
• Knowledge of accounting and tax related matters (Income Tax, GST, PIC Claim and other tax issues)
• Experience in employment contract renewals, employment and work permit pass applications / renewals and foreign worker matters
• Experience in the Middle East focusing on HR matters
• Analytical skills, problem solving and good judgment (logical) to ensure appropriate action is taken
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer centric focus
• Ability to multi-task and ensure attention to detail
• Strong command of MS products in particular Excel
• Ethical conduct, ability to hold confidential information and act with integrity
A leading Financial Organization in Qatar.