– Maintains the standards of performance as detailed in the Departmental Operations Manual to ensure the efficient operation of the department in accordance with Hotel Policy.
– Set up station properly and on time for each service period.
– Make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by the Chef de Partie.
– Notify Sous Chef or Chef de Partie of any problems or complaints as when they arise.
– Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
– Proper food rotation – first in – first out.
– After service switch off and clean oven tops and work areas as well as surfaces.
– Ensures that guest needs and expectations are met by providing a consistently high standard of food preparation and presentation.
– Assists in establishing the identity of the outlet by providing the standards of food presentation required by each outlet.
– Is aware of the method of preparation and the standard recipe for every menu items in his particular kitchen and follows the procedures at all times.
– Maintains and cleans all work areas, kitchen equipment and utensils to the high standards of cleanliness and hygiene required by the hotel.
– Co-ordinates with colleagues whenever necessary regarding operational problems.
– Is familiar with the operational procedures of all equipment in the kitchen and operates them in the correct manner to ensure the maximum efficiency and personal safety.
– To assist in the implementation of the various food safety and hygiene standards including HACCP and other Municipality regulations.
– Participates in regular meetings and briefings as may be scheduled.
– Participates in any scheduled training and development program that may improve personal or departmental standards
– Responds to any changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
– To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different outlets of the Kitchen Department.
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels’ more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.