Our client, an international construction company, is currently looking for a Commercial/Contract Manager – Building Projects who will be based in Jeddah, KSA. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Ensure that the requirements of the contract documents are implemented and maintained throughout the contract period.
• Assist in the review of contractual notices of claims and providing contractual advice to the Engineering in their administration of the Construction Contract.
• Interact with the Client representatives the Project Management Consultant and relevant Contractors in respect of all contractual matters.
• Assist in the drafting of commercial terms for design engineering and/or construction services for approval by the Project Director.
• Review all contract documents to ensure congruity and to minimize patent and latent ambiguities
• Assist with administration of on-going Contracts, including monitoring Contractor and commission compliance with the Contract documents.
• Prepare correspondence and maintains records necessary to ensure the effective administration of all Contractual matters.
• Facilitate the preparation of Contract change and prepares the relevant variation orders
• Facilitate the contract close-out procedures to ensure that all terms and conditions of contracts have been complied with prior to final payment to contractor.
• Ensure that all contractual procedures are implemented and maintained
• Assist on all contractual matters.
• Assist in the review of Contractor’s claims in accordance with the provisions of the Conditions of Contract and ensures the Client’s interests are protected.
• Ensure all warranties bonds insurances guarantees etc. are in place and maintained and updated in accordance with the Contract and are in compliance with the Clients requirements.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or equivalent
• Must have a minimum of 20 years’ experience with strong international experience
• Have led/work within and have previously worked on Buildings projects
• Hold an RICS, CIOB or equivalent accreditation
• Strong background and understanding of FIDIC forms of Contract particularly design & build.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider
that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.