Certification Specialist – Extinguishing Systems (sprinkler, gas, foam, etc.))
Job purpose of this role would be to provide a professional certification service including effective communication with interested parties (manufacturers, laboratories etc), project planning and execution, expert revision and judgement of submitted product data based on product standards requirements and formulation of recommendations concerning certification decisions.
The role will also involve the promotion of knowledge concerning certification activity and technical requirements for fire and life safety products.
– Review of completeness and correctness of certification applications and required attachments;
– Carry out of certification processes of extinguishing systems and key components, including analysis of products technical documentation, results of laboratory tests, assessment of manufacturing conditions;
– Preparation of assessment reports, descriptions of products attested characteristics and fields of their application,
– Communication with interested parties concerning performed tasks;
– Development of templates of products technical descriptions, testing programs, etc.
– Carry out of periodical summaries, analyses, reports associated with performed activity;
– Monitoring of development of products’ technical specifications (testing standards);
– Presenting and publishing information regarding performed tasks.
– Mechanical Engineer, MEP Engineer, Fire Engineer or similar
5 years work experience and at least 2 years with the EXTINGUISHING SYSTEMS, especially in:
– Certification / inspection / testing of these systems or their components, or
– Quality control of manufacturing processes in the area of given products, or
– Design, installation, maintenance, distribution of the systems at hand.
– Full English proficiency in writing and speaking.
– Analytical mind with high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation relating to carried out work.
– Able to maintain high ethical standards.
– Result oriented with strong planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills.
– Computer literate with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
– Self – motivated and able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– Engineer license issued by Civil Defense (current or past) or professional certification (like NFPA Certified Fire Protection Specialist).
– Hands-on experience on application of requirements of UAE Fire and Life Safety Code in scope of Extinguishing systems .
– Knowledge of requirements for products or testing standards in the indicated area.
– Familiarity with certification or testing processes of the given systems or their components.
A leading company in the UAE.