Our bicycle sales associates are tasked with matching people with the perfect bike for them. Whether a person is interested in mountain bikes, cruisers, or a hybrid, our sales associates have to be ready to ask the right questions to drive to the heart of what the customer really wants. We don’t want our customers to feel pressured, but rather empowered to make a smart choice for them. Our sales associates are also expected to be up-to-speed on new bicycle technology so they can better assist the customer in upgrading their current models.
• Greeting customers and meeting all customers promptly and politely as they enter the store.
• Provide customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional customer service.
• Asking questions to determine the type of bike or accessories a customer needs.
• Effectively deal with customer queries and complaints.
• Ensure store targets are met through excellent customer service.
• Answering questions regarding available inventory
• Researching new bike technology to better handle customer requests
• Ringing up sales
• Building relationships to ensure future business
• Perform store opening and closing procedures at times and as directed by the store management.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the merchandise/products stocked in the store.
• Ensure that technical detail of products are explained to customers.
• Ensure promotions and fast-selling lines are featured in the store.
• Provide information about customers (likes, dislikes and opinions to the line manager.
• Ensure effective stock replenishment to the store and continuous stock availability, ongoing recovery & maintenance in the store.
Shop Keeping and Store Standards:
• Maximize and contribute to sales within the store through exceptional customer service and retail experience
• Ensure all stock is laid out and displayed according to standard layout (product placement, folded arranged in order from smallest to largest, hanged items must be steamed, brand wise, size-wise).
• Ensure that the shelves, counters and shop floor area is cleaned
• Ensure all product are price tagged, price is covered and bar-coded before displayed.
• Ensure correct ratio of stock on shelves and assist in accurate stock counts as per store requirements.
• Ensure all stock administration (stock counts, STS, dispatch and delivers) are recorded on the system in time.
• Ensure security measures at all times in the store to prevent theft and understand the procedures for handling shoplifters.
• Undertaking the responsibilities of a cashier and completing sales on the POS system
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
• At least 1 year of sales experience
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to test a variety of bikes to form personal opinions
• An understanding and passion for bikes and associated products/accessories
• Ability to lift heavy inventory
• High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Prior experience in bike sales
• Knowledge of general bike repair and/or maintenance
• Basic bike fitting skills
• Contribution to team success
• Customer focus
• Sales ability/persuasiveness
• Patience and the ability to work/serve customers under pressure
Established in 1987, Al Boom Marine started as a distribution company selling eyewear, apparel, footwear and accessories of its popular watersports and lifestyle brands. Al Boom Marine now is one of the leading retail and distribution companies in the GCC, operating more than 25 International brands in water sports, swimwear, surfing, cycling, gadgets and lifestyle through 60 retail stores, and more than 300 active wholesale account throughout the GCC and the MENA region.