Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of our regional Assurance Centre of Excellence (ACE) in Khobar, we currently have opportunities for ambitious and motivated professionals who are able to communicate comfortably in English and Arabic as part of virtual teams. Translators are required for our in-house translation centre based in Khobar, KSA. We support the mainstream Assurance departments and work on a huge range of clients across the region. We pursue developing our capabilities in all lines of service to embed our PwC verbal identify in Arabic. In this business area we utilise SDL Trados to assist in the translation of financial statements, proposals, reports, letters and various other types of documents needed in a professional services firm. We offer full time employment in a modern office environment.
– You will be required to possess strong project management skills to execute the process work flow from the beginning to its final review stage, thereby working with people of different level of experience in the business area.
– Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in the translation services and learning the skills needed to execute them to a high level of quality in an efficient way.
– The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different countries in the region on the translation project to ensure it is conducted in accordance with the expectation of the client lead, not breaching PwC brand guidance (verbal and visual).
– Based on request requirements the candidates will provide the service against agreed deadlines and monitors the time spent which is recorded on a time sheet system daily.
– Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives and,
– Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world in PwC’s service delivery centres.
– As Translators in the ACE team, the role includes wider practice communication responsibilities which relate to the execution of the individual work request.
– The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC’s Assurance/Arabic Centre of Excellence.
– You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of our services to the Middle Eastern Assurance practice.
– You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
– The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
– Language Skills: Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English, native level of Arabic with ability to localisation in Middle East region.
– Prior translation / proofreading experience in financial/accountancy/tax/consulting and related fields and acute attention to detail, spelling and grammar are reflected in our evaluation of your skills.
– Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as English and Arabic language.
– Successful candidates who grow in this role aim for certifications in their field.
– Ability to learn in a culture where one takes responsibility for their personal growth and development.
– Experience to work under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines a day while maintain a positive attitude and exemplary customer service.
– Strong interest and passion for attention to detail in a multi-cultural working environment.
– Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
– Proven IT skills in the following programmes MS Office: word, excel and power point; SDL Trados.
– The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates might be required.
Minimum years experience required
– Years of Experience: various degrees of experience, from graduate students to well-rounded professionals with subject matter expertise.
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they’re looking for.
We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets – UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.